$ 460 per person per night sharing
• Two interpretive 3-hour game drives in an open 4 x 4 Safari vehicle with an experienced Ranger and Tracker
• Three delicious meals daily
• House wines, local brand spirits, beers and soft drinks (alcoholic drinks will be available and served according to current and updated lockdown restrictions), sundowner drinks whilst on game drives
• Tea & coffee
• Emergency medical evacuation insurance
• Telephone calls
• Drinks not specified under what you get Safari Shop purchases
• Government bed levy
• Transfers to-and-from the lodge conservancy, park or landing fees where applicable
• Alcoholic and non- alcoholic beverages
26 March 2021
Subject to availability
Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge, Okavango Delta & Moremi
A maze of meandering water channels, papyrus-fringed banks and floating islands teeming with wildlife: known as the river that never finds the sea, Botswana’s Okavango Delta is the jewel of the Kalahari.
In the heart of the Delta, on the edge of a waterway, you’ll find Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge. Situated on a diverse, wildlife-rich, private concession, Sandibe has exclusive traversing rights over a vast 22,500 hectares (55,600 acres) of wildlife land bordering the Moremi Game Reserve.
The inspired organic design of the lodge melts into the surrounding forest canopy of wild palms and gnarled fig trees. Trees will shade you as you approach the lodge; an intriguing curl and sweep of shingled wood comes into view, resembling a giant scaled pangolin at rest. Stairs open onto the high ceilings of the copper-toned and glassless guest area overlooking the Delta. From this central dining area, the wooden deck stretches beyond the roof, while the upstairs bar and lounge extend along an elevated walkway to a viewing platform.
A series of decks descend to the forest floor culminating in a log boma, with a small gym and private massage sala close by. Interior finishes throughout showcase the craftsmanship of Botswana’s artisans, and feature intricate basketware, sculpted wooden tables and unique feature pieces. While the main guest area is set within the forest, the twelve guest suites peep out from beneath its canopy. Raised above the papyrus-lined banks like golden weaver nests, each is a cocoon of privacy, with breathtaking views, a private plunge pool and cosy fireplace.